Thursday, February 22, 2007

feeling better

I was quite unwell yesterday but, after fasting. this is my first normal meal



and when I went out the landinsg was highly polished

the staircase walls have been repainted all but these inches by the floor

the 97 bus is already in sight on a rain swept Bosworth Drive.
I went into Chelsmley Wood to stock up on yoghurt and stuff to help restore my gut which was disturbed by a reaction to an antebiotic AUGMENTIN - Google Search

Then I saw a bank manager to open a "teapot" account Lloyds TSB - Save the Change




when i came out of Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centre thhere was blue sky


I sat on the wall to wait for the bus

my new trolley has room for an umbrella
and this is the first time I saw a Picasso Citroen car not on TV


Roses beginning to make new leaves in a pensioner's garden


back to the rubbish by Merton House front door

my temperature was up yesterday but I could not remember what "normal" was in centigrade and I could not be bothered to go on line - or even switch the TV or radio on

I phoned our National Health Direct 0845 4647, and asked "what is a normal body temperature?"
The person who took down my details refused to answer "I am not medically qualified"


on their web site 37°C (98.6°F) NHS Direct home page
NHS Direct - Common health questions - How do I take someone’s temperature?: "For guidance, a ‘normal’ temperature is in the range 36-36.8ºC (96.8-98.24ºF).If you’re taking the temperature of a child, always stay with them during the reading, and put the thermometer away immediately afterwards."


Thermoregulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "the temperature of warm-blooded animals is maintained with but slight variation. In health under normal conditions the temperature of humans varies between 36.5 °C and 37.5 °C, or if the thermometer be placed in the axilla, between 36.25 °C and 37.5 °C. In the mouth the reading would be from 0.25 °C to 1.5 °C higher than this; and in the rectum some 0.9 °C higher still. The temperature of infants and young children has a much greater range than this, and is susceptible of wide divergencies from comparatively slight causes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home