Saturday, October 29, 2005

wash day


Up early today in Brumleby Copenhagen
about 6:30am

In the old days these were the out door toilets of 1890 vintage
and in use to about 1995






the wash house with first light to the east






full of cycles


the olde coppers (bilers) used to be under the chimney breast
now used for damp air from the dryers






I use the machine on the right lent to us by my kind neighbour

the machines are frost proofed with soil heaters


about three hours later



our kitchen doors







perfume free detergent
(just in case)
on the steps to my bathroom

The water is for passing dogs, birds, cats,
and toddlers splash it too





my big sheets from IKEA (10 years old)

the weather looks a bit grey - raining in north Jutland
warm front coming
Kastrup, Denmark Forecast : Weather Underground:
"Observed At: Copenhagen, Denmark
Elevation: 16 ft / 5 m
52 �F / 11 �C
Clear Humidity:82% Dew Point:46 �F / 8 �C
Wind:23 mph / 37 km/h from the South
Pressure:30.12 in / 1020 hPa "


the panorama from my my kitchen door step

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home