Saturday, December 24, 2005

Gesegnete Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr!

a week before but no crane
what I expected to see in the GEFION arch was delayed one week


the first lift of the box bridge which was made in Spain
laser precision, the dispatcher has a closed circuit tv hanging from his safety harness and is talking centimeters with the crane driver (their working language is german)
next afternoon preparation


monster shackles carry about 40 tons each
waiting for the welders to make things a better fit

third section lifted
the tricky welded joint looks a bit hog-backed to my eye



the day after and the third section in place


railing


tail lights 2 crane boom sections dismantled and set off for Germany


Hallo Hugh ! I will write it in German. Das ist eine gute idee . And I wish you a merry christmas too and great wishes from my family

----- Original Message -----
From:
Hugh Watkins
To:
Guido Thomas
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: photos


Hullo Guido

there are many more
but not so good
I can zip them and send them to you to play with if you want
and any other crane spotters just ask me by email (file mixed with other Copenhagen stuff)
If you write in german
I have a freind who can translate

happy Christmas

Hugh W

----- Original Message -----
From:
Guido Thomas
To:
bloggery36@aol.com
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 5:46 PM


Subject: photos
hallo Hugh ! Thanks for the internet adress because the picture from franz bracht ( I am the worker from Franz Bracht that you have spocken and i write the internet adress)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home