Sunday, April 23, 2006

saturday

My body has decided I am still on the night shift so after getting up before dawn with the bird song, and breakfasting and watering my seedling shoots on the balcony, and doing my email I went back to bed.

I woke up in taxi mode at about 16:00 / 4:00 pm had a bath and coffee,

heard in the bath
BBC - Radio 3 - Jazz Record Requests - 22 April 2006: "Stompin' at the Savoy (Sampson, Goodman, Webb, Razaf) Performed by Chick Webb (dms), " and more

and then THE JOY OF SAX
BBC - Radio 3 - Jazz File - Programme Three: "Courtney Pine explores the history of an instrument created for the symphony orchestra, but which found its authentic voice in jazz with freeform jazz and its fluid stream of consciousness improvising

heard the overture BBC - Radio 3 - Opera On 3 - Act One: "Le Nozze di Figaro"
from Mozart Figaro from the Met NY and went to Lidl

When the soil is not muddy I sit on this very low wall to climb over as the shortest route from the bus stop pictured in other blogs


this trolley is 5 years old from NETTO Denmark

back at about 8:00 pm for the rest of BBC - Radio 3 - Opera On 3 - Acts 2 - 3: "Le Nozze di Figaro"

stayed with the music NO TV unpacked came on line

later I was saddened to hear that Cornelius Cardew only 3 months older than me was already dead.
Cornelius Cardew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "(b. Winchcombe, Gloucestershire, May 7, 1936; d. December 13, 1981) was an English avant-garde composer, and founder (with Howard Skempton and Michael Parsons) of the Scratch Orchestra, an experimental performing ensemble."
after The Verb
John Tilbury is also seventy years old and is writing a biography on Cornelius Cardew

"john tilbury" - Google Search

read this document: "p.s. Maybe, with the advent of the new 'dark ages', we may indeed disappear or, in George Steiner's words, 'be confined to small islands of archaic conservation.' Yes, artistically, that is what I am already doing."

John Tilbury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also hang out in "wittgenstein-dialognet" on the web.

which has been a little lively and getting me to reread some BOOKS too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home