Wednesday, August 02, 2006

walking to Hellerup

click any of them for a bigger picture

I wanted to see my doctor about my sore right knee, her surgery is 3 floors above this estate agent on Østerbrogade , Copenhagen but she was still on holiday until next monday.


so I decided to walk towards Charlottenlund and see how I was feeling
never more than 500 meters from a bus stop or a train station, meant that I could break off my walk any time if it was too ambiteous.


the Taco Shop people are on holiday too
Such a success story - two austraalians could not get work, so they invented this business unique in Copenhagen, Did their own sign writing too.


Time for a break at the end of Jagtvej - no pigeons to be seen.

opposite me after i sat down. this massive renevation of stucco and painting
Rubin Stuk og Søn ApS. Peer Rubin. Sydmarken 48. 2860 Søborg
stukkaturfaget stukkatur - Google Image Search

further on --- a carved doorway

and a pair original entrance doors to the appartments above


and an original shop door - probably in finest finnish pine (grown slowly north of the arctic circle)


I am still a train spotter at heart - the s-train is red from thje suburbs and the express will be going to the airport and Sweden

vegitation


I love to look in to holes in the road -here at Svannemølle

no geology - just sand - and fixing the big pipes for the district heating

click bigger

click bigger

click bigger


the flag of shame hangs low at this embassy

click bigger

at last another place to sit down
the yellow sign says HELLERUP

this thrilled me last year - I am glad it survived


click bigger

crossing Tuborgvej

at last Hellerup train staion and bus interchange

the old Hellerup station has a rest room for bus drivers too.

last time I walked this way Wednesday, August 03, 2005

my friend Hedvig picked me up in her little car

and after eating we fixed a page on http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hedvig/
this one ushkas_album.html
Olga Dorothea Henriette Meyer, née Baumgarten,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home