Tuesday, February 27, 2007

wet market day

I usually stay indoors on a day like this but my fridge is empty of green groceries

I run my washing machine in the night when the off peak electricity is half price
and hung up the washing after breakfast - just look at those IKEA colours from about 6 years ago.


but there was a strong smell of cheap washing powder from Sainsbury's

I have never snapped my computer when off, instead of a cover I use a spare towel - usually a tea towel, but they are not big enough so an old bath towel from 230, Widney Lane - or even my child hood.

The second-hand office chair from 1999 is collapsing and needs a pile of IKEA covered cushions to get me into position.

The oak telephone table was made from the panelling of Trostrey Court by an Usk carpenter on the instructions of my granny Watkins to bear her battery operated radio in about 1936, later it had her 1952 TV on it

that darn rubbish chute was blocked again
The Prince Pub is getting redecorated I think.
not much left of the irish tricolours


the police would love to bug this phone to get the drug dealers mobile phone numbers

in the newsagents


I got next weeks Radio Times

but missing glass in the Bosworth Drive bus stop meant only two seats were useable as I waited for the 97 bus.


neat bus signs printed on corrugated cardboard
(and nearly at the markets)

and the 97 bus sign is held in place by paper clips- as we turn the last corner into Birmingham by the parish church


3:35 pm and alighting and the market looks very good (for me not the stall holders) - rainy and beginning to sell out - many bargains will be to had

6 frozen pieces of chicken for £3
by the cheese stall

This Brie is soft and unrefrigerated as cheeses as should be.

wonderful oranges for £1


Lychee £2 a box or £1 a scoop


I got a blue bag of cherry tomatooes for £1 but passed on 20 bananas for £1


I grabbed a couple of freebie cauliflowers on the way into the skip, but washed them well when I got home - and some bits went straight into the soup.



the cauliflower skip is to the right.


note the time - just on 4:05 pm on St Martins - and I was all done and had spent £15 in 30 minutes

the 97 bus arrived at once - I anchored my new LIDL trolley to the post with a rolled plastic bag because it falls over at the roundabouts - the umbrella was never unfurled.

The BSA headquarters, Kitts Green, was getting its new windows ready to be occupied by the National Probation Service



at last blue sky between the showers seen in Bosworth Drive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home