Sunday, February 05, 2006

old friends


Ramada Jarvis Hotel, Solihull
The Square,Solihull,West Midlands,B91 3RF
was formerly known as the George Hotel, and is situated in the centre of Solihull opposite St Alphege Church, and with one of the oldest bowling greens in the country, it dates from the 16th century,



When the Solihull Central library and art gallery closed at 8:00 pm
I walked past the Mason's Arms


compare with the "Lapham" arms

to the George which is my local,

even though at £3 + a pint and fighting the flab I no longer go there every evening.





Three of my very best friends were there, who had helped me enormously in 1999 and 2000 when I was coping with my mother's illness and death


Keith has retired from the Rover but as an old soldier, like me, we enjoy chatting






and Christine,

who runs the highly recommended B&B/Guesthouse

Yew Tree House (Google Local map link).

5 Fircroft

Solihull

West Midlands B91 1JL, Telephone: (0121) 7052417.



Dorothy still going strong !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home