Saturday, August 19, 2006

saturday noon in Copenhagen Ø


I had a great time yesterday. because I was a night taxi driver I had not been on the streets of Østerbro fro may years - I would be in bed all day every day.

I had no idea how lively and pleasant the quarter could be.

this shows the new neighbour Parken - the danish national football stadium - towering above Brumleby
It is partly financed by the office blocks on each corner.

a fairy ring
and my friend's garden
there has been more trees here many years ago giving rise to the fairy ring
as the roots decay in the ground.

I was surprised to find a flea market in full swing

this stall belongs to my upstairs neighbour
who suplements his pension by dumpster diving

and this one to another neighbour

coming out to Østerborgade and the MATAS store in the background

Loppe marked
in fact one of three

looking back in from the side walk

Linkthank you guys for the help
http://www.3.dk/
is where I get my cell phones from

genial mobil
indeed with MS Messenger and Blogger too
so expect a picture quality upgrade in about a week

3 Butikken
Østerbrogade 92
2100 København Ø



a very stylish Avenu bike


secured by a U shaped lock - which has to be approved by your insurance company


this broad red reflector is a life saver

and the white reflector is brighter than any cycle lamp seen from a car drivers seat

outside this stylish shop


Zerododici of Benetton
Østerbrogade 100
2100 København Ø
Tlf: 35 55 35 29


I went in to look for the bike's owner for a snap but they were too busy serving customers
for me to dream of wasting their time.

Matas is quite like a chemists shop, but has no dispensery because of the centuries danish official royal monopoly


Helosan is nicknamed cow udder ointment
"kopatte salve" - Google Search
and has helped me with skin rashes and a bruised big toe nail

a stylish black stone counter top but when I am nevous about people's privacy I get blurred pictures

my other essential ointment - Anjo urtecreme - Google Search
good for cracked skin on heels for example

past the flower shop

and on to
a wine shop - I just fancied some port
like my granny used as a gargle for sore throats

and an ecological market in Skt Jacobs Plads

bread made without yeast and fat reminded me of the bread made in the Brish Army cookhouses in the 1950ies
rather dry even if dipped in olive oil

this singer was singing ballads in swedish

the litle guy looked a little worried then decided I was OK with beard and all. and smiled and waved arms and legs


I was tempted by the hot sausages but went across the street towards NETTO

the english style victorian Skt Jacobs church

kids and adults playing and being recuited for Frivilligt Drenge- og Pige-Forbund
which is sort of local evangelical scouts, or Church Brigade, founded in Denmark in 1902
  • Pusling: 5 - 7 år - years old
  • Tumling: 7 - 9 år
  • Pilt: 9 - 11 år
  • Væbner: 11 - 13 år
  • Seniorvæbner: 13 - 15 år
  • Senior: 15 - det halve år man fylder 19 år
and quite important as source of brass band instrument players in danish cultural life.
I FDF findes der groft opdelt tre slags musik: Tamburkorps Brassbands og Multimusik
http://fdf.dk/

http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/FDF

and wedding parties

no safety wall if kids are going to fall off no one will sue anyone
http://www.opoghop.dk/ - up and jump op-og-hop pronounced op o' hop

I usually drink this cheap wine in liter boxes from NETTO

I went baack to the market to get coffee beans after I got some cash back in NETTO
from this young american from Winconsin who is married with kids living in the countryside north of Roskilde. http://www.justcoffee.dk/

the skeleton on a bicycle brand
Pedalkraft blanding




sharing with an organic wine stall






the street has been narrowed from 4 to 2 lanes and is much slower and safer
we used to hear car after car crashing into each other when one stopped for the crossing

and it was so quiet back in Brumleby after the saturday throng


a peek in the old Commando house where the administrator used to live

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home